Pages

2011/09/27

●About Sandy McIntosh


日本語はこちら

About Sandy

Sandy McIntosh writes: “When I was in junior high school, my mother wanted me to become an electronics engineer, despite my abysmal math scores. What I liked to do, however, was to write. But I wanted to please her, so, when it was time to take a vocational preference test, I did my best to skew the results. A couple of weeks later, when the tests were released, my mother was greatly disappointed. The test declared that I was destined to become a journalist. That, or a cowboy.
“Over the years I’ve written and published poetry and non-fiction, edited a Chinese cooking magazine, worked as a college professor and a graphics designer, as well as helped create software programs that, happily are still selling, such as Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing!.
“My books include: 237 More Reasons to Have Sex (with Denise Duhamel), Forty-Nine Guaranteed Ways To Escape Death, The After-Death History of My Mother, Between Earth and Sky, Endless Staircase, Earth Works, Which Way to the Egress?Ernesta, In the Style of the Flamenco, plus two chapbooks (Obsessional and Monsters of the Antipodes). My non-fiction includes Firing Back (with Jodie-Beth Galos), From A Chinese Kitchen, and The Poets in the Poets-In-The-Schools. I’ve also edited the Selected Poems of H.R. Hays. My poetry and essays have been published in The New York Times, Newsday, The Nation, the Wall Street Journal, American Book Review, and many other places. My original poetry in a film script won the Silver Medal in the Film Festival of the Americas. I was for a decade Managing Editor of Confrontation magazine published by Long Island University, and am now publisher of Marsh Hawk Press.”

にほんブログ村 ポエムブログ 英語詩へ
にほんブログ村